We at Yash Chopra Foundation (Foundation, we, our, us), offer several programs and benefits to the casual workers who work in the film industry in Bombay. In furtherance of one of our activities and programs for the sector, we have the Saathi program, and have enabled a mobile application the YCF Saathi mobile application (‘Application, App’) which hosts, manages and assists the users (you, your) in managing your benefits as a beneficiary. The Application provides easy interface for key benefits provided by Yash Chopra Foundation to members of its Saathi program, and can be downloaded from Google Play.
We update these terms from time to time, and we urge you to review this Policy time and again, before continuing usage of the App. Your continued use of the App, will be treated as you consenting to be governed by the terms of such updated Policy.
1. What Information We Collect and Why?
- i. Demographic Details – Name, Address, Age, Gender, Location: we need this information to create a profile for you, and then be able to register you as a valid beneficiary under the programs that are offered by us. We also use this information to ensure that the benefits are validly made available to you. This information will also be used to ascertain your eligibility to participate and avail the benefits of the programs offered by the Foundation
- ii. Correspondence Details – E-mail address, mobile number: we need this information to communicate to you the details of the benefits, and we also need this to update you about the status of your benefits, and other necessary notifications related to the programs of the Foundation that you are eligible for.
- iii. Financial Details – Bank Account information: we need this information to be able to assess and credit benefits into your registered bank account.
- iv. Feedback and surveys – we may conduct surveys and may also request you to share your feedback with us, with respect to our activities. We use this information to streamline the process of our offerings and conclusion of transactions.
- v. Device Information – hardware and software details, including Device type, ID, IP Address, related browser details, URL, time-stamps, and any other identifier which will enable us to triangulate the user’s location and access details. We use this information to ensure that our App is providing optimal experience to you as a user, and also to be able to ensure that our maintenance measures are implemented well.
- vi. Identifiers – we may require you to submit official / government identifiers enabling us to verify your profile and for other statutory purposes.
- vii. Claim Documents – we may require you to submit such documents which will establish your entitlement to the benefits that are offered under the programs of the Foundation, and such documents may carry personal information about you, or that of the dependents.
- viii. Any additional information that is necessary for your enrollment into the SAATHI program of the Foundation. We will communicate the requirement for provisioning of such information by you to us, before we collect and process such information.
Most of these identifiers that we have mentioned herein above are provided by you, and some of these are collected by us automatically.
2. When do we share or disclose?
- i. We may share your information with such third parties, service providers, who manage infrastructural, transactional, operational services for us and enable us to fulfill our obligations to you. We share your information with them, while binding them to ensure that they act in compliance with the applicable data privacy and protection laws.
- ii. We may also be required to disclose information to the governmental authorities, and law enforcement agencies, in furtherance of an order, direction, requisition issued by such authorities, while acting in compliance with the law. We may not always be in a position to notify you of disclosure requirement having been raised, or where such disclosure is made by us.
- iii. We may transfer your information overseas, only where such processing is required by us to be able to provide you with our offerings, and in furtherance of your consent.
iv. This App may contain links to other websites. When you click on such a third-party link, you will be directed to that website. These external sites are not operated by the Foundation. Therefore, you are advised to review the terms of such websites, before you proceed to engage with them and avail their services. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services
3. You have the right:
- i. to seek access to the information we have about you;
- ii. to edit, update, modify the information we have about you;
- iii. to withdraw your consent from further processing of your information by us;
- iv. to seek deletion of your information with us.
Note that these rights are not absolute, and our responses with respect to a right request made by you here, will have to be in furtherance of our legitimate interests, and legal obligations. We will strive to respond to your queries within a period of 30 days from the date of such a request being received by us.
4. Data Retention Policy
We will retain your information throughout the entire duration that you avail our programs and benefits, and after such period, till such time that it is absolutely necessary for us to meet our obligations, legal and/ or contractual.
The security of your personal information is a priority and is protected by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. The Foundation shall take reasonable steps and measures to protect the security of your personal information from misuse and loss, un-authorized access, modification, or disclosure. The Foundation maintains its security systems to ensure that your personal information of is appropriately protected and follows the extant standard encryption norms followed for the transmission of information. The Foundation ensures that its employees and affiliates respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by it
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org